- Standard View
The 40"X 50' 3.5 story limestone and frame mill was built either in 1793 by Adam Miller as a saw mill, who owned the mill from 1787-1801, or in 1800 by John Miller. These men both may have built their respective mills on the same site.
The 40'X 50' mill by Adam Miller may have been rebuilt by John Miller, since his stone grist mill in 1815 is described as 45'X 30', which more closely describes the current mill.
An earlier grist and saw mill was built in 1743 by David Miller. John Miller sold his mill to John & Peter Myers in 1826. John Himmelberger operated the mill from 1850-54; then from 1854 to 1899, William Flickinger was the tax-payer. Wm. Flickinger also owned another stone grist mill built in 1758 by Peter Eckert about a mile upstream on Mill Creek at N. Hollander Road/T-766. This mill is no longer standing.
John Flickinger had the mill in 1900 and B.B. Stolzfus in 1922. The mill is currently operating under the ownership of the James High family.
GPS: 40D 4.23'N, 76D 6.83'W ele 390'/119 meters New Holland Quadrangle
View Larger Map