- Standard View
This water powered flour mill was built of concrete in 1915 to replace an earlier 1876 flour mill that burned the year before.
The south side of the mill with some hay bales stored on the ground around the mill. Elm Creek is off to the right and the Burlington Northern RR tracks are on the immediate left.
Photo depicting the roof, which is also concrete, of the mill to the right of center. Most notable is the continuous row of swallows nests under the eave of the roof.
This is the south side of the cupola or elevator extension of the mill. The word 'Amboy' can be seen plainly, while the others have worn off from the effects of rain and sun.
Flour production ceased in the 1940's and the building is vacant today. **Photos: August 3, 2004 Jim Miller**