- Standard View
A 3 story stone grist mill converted to a private residence in the 1930's.
The mill is just west of the edge of the bridge over the Raritan River on the north side, as the river flows immediately behind the mill.
The mill is situated across Roxiticus Rd., from Ralston's Historic Store, which fronts on NJ 24/Morris Cr 510.
A row of tumpet flower shrubs front on Old NJ 24/ Washington Pike alongside of the mill.
Closeup of trumpet flower blossoms.
The old Ralston Store, nicely restored to the time period of its importance.
*Update: Was included in the HABS project in the mid-1930's. Pictures located on the Library of Congress website. The Ralston store and post office is situated across the road to the east of the mill now a residence since 1940. Merrill Miller 09/04/2007*