- Standard View
The stone/stucco grist mill is 2.5 stories in height with measurements of 35'X 50'. Remodeled in the late 1970's / early 1980's in a mill style of the 1840's.
An interior photo showing the water channel from the north side of the mill as if enters the mill lower story and turns the overshot wheel. The steel gearing on the inside of the wheel meshes with another gear to further conduct the mechanical energy to the other mechanisms that operate the mill.
Photos: **October 1982 Jim Miller**
The bar screen and inlet to the sluice box, funneling the water from Pidcock Creek into the north end of the mill on the second floor level.
The southwest side of the mill, both end equipped with a sack hoist.
The current stone arch bridge carrying Pa 32/River Road over Pidcock Creek just east of the mill.
The south, stone abutment of a former bridge, probably a covered bridge, designed to convey traffic during colonial times over the creek.
The Thompson-Neely House, just east of the current Pa 32 and the mill. This house was used by Washington and his generals the several nights before the crossing of the Delaware River on Christmas Eve. It is referred to as "The house od Decision".
Final view of the north facade of the mill with the water sluice to the right side.