- Standard View
An earlier mill on this site was built in 1797 and was the mill sold to Thomas Bryson by J. Briggs.
In 1839, Joseph Briggs sold his mill to Thomas B. Bryson, who expanded the mill, making it one of the largest flour and grist mills in Cumberland County. The mill was about 2.5 miles east of the Willow Mill as the crow flies.
The mill is being torn down now at the end of 2004 and the beginning of 2005,
The mill was about 2.5 miles east of the Willow Mill as the crow flies.
All ot the frame superstructure is gone with only the stone first story to tear down and haul away. Another industrial landmark of Cumberland County has disappeared.