- Standard View
A large mill, 2 story 45'X 60' of fieldstone/limestone construction owned by the Doe Run King Ranches. Need more historical background.
In 1810, the mill was R. Phipps Grist Mill.
The mill in 2016, as about 1/5th of the front section of the mill was removed, leaving some of the original walls as a courtyards/patio, and rewalling the interior in stone to produce a new front facade.
In 1860, it was known as J. Phipps Grist & Saw Mill.
In 1883, the mill was William Hamman's Grist Mill.
It is not known if Isaac Evans was the builder or a later owner/operator.
A good effect, since the original building corner wall was about a foot or two from Sr 82.
The front corner of the now courtyard/patio on busy Sr 82 on a fairly sharp corner/incline combination.