- Standard View
An old mill dating from 1721. The 2.5 story fieldstone mill measures about 30'x 60' with a stone foundation. A pent roof runs along the east side above the first level. The mill was Marshall Strodes Grist & Saw Mill in 1873.
In 1987, the mill was being used as the H. J. White Studio Gallery specializing in wood carving. Notice the old view of the same facade of the mill.
A view of the southwest corner of the mill. It may also serve as a residence for the gallery proprietor.
A photo from the Library of Congress-Historic Architectural Buildings Survey of the 1930's.
The south end of the mill on Plum Run, now an art galeryt and framing studio, with an elaborate deck added.
The deck and mill behind looking from the west, parallel to Pa 52/Pa 100.
The building across Birmingham Road from the mill featuring an advertisement from Srodes sausage and scrapple, a gourmet delight quite popular in the Delaware and Susquehanna Valleys.
GPS: 39' 55.72N, 75' 37.04W 217'/66 meters West Chester Quadrangle
View Larger Map