- Standard View
Ballenger Mill was built c. 1820's by Lewis H. Dickey.
The mill was fed by the south prong of the Middle Tyger River. The 2oth century, stringer, covered bridge on the property crosses over the same stream.
The miller's house, which is today the mail house of Willow Creek Conservatory.
The conservatory is 40 some acres of nature comlimented by man's artistic architecture and design.
The whole place is an natural environment offering one of the finest wedding venues in South Carolina.
Ballenger Covered Bridge. A 2oth century covered bridge, non authentic of stringer type construction, sometimes used for hay storage.
An old one-room schoolhouse converted into a wedding chapel.
Dickey was one of the area's largest landowners at that time.
The mill was known for many years' after the Civil War, as L. Green's Mill.
The named was changed, once again, in 1960, when it was purchased and restored by J.L. Ballenger. GPS: 35' 06.11N, 82' 19.27W Elevation 1040'