- Standard View
The mill was built in 1789 by Samuel Cherrington for Thomas Linville as a grist and saw mill.
In 1925 the mill was purchased by A. J. Balshi, who rebuilt it and installed modern equipment.
The mill closed in 1987.
It was then turned into a hardware store and in 2009 was used for making wood pallets.
Other owners after Linville, include William Berninger, Washington Adams, Jonathan Bauchman and others. A copy of a newspaper article about the original mill as it appeared in The Morning Press, Bloomsburg.
A. J. Balshi, a miller from Catawissa, purchased the mill in 1925, and operated it through much of the 20th century.
GPS: 76' 24.44W, 40' 54.25N