- Standard View
In 1870, a planing mill and furniture factory was built at this location.
It later became a flour mill under the direction of A. W. Wilkinson and John P. Chapin.
In 1889 John Kimble and John J. Mather bought the mill and changed it to a roller mill.
In 1904, with Mr. Mather as the sole owner, a unit for buckwheat flour was installed.
Mather ordered new equipment for the mill in 1918 but before it could be installed, the mill burned.
The mill was rebuilt, new machinery installed and operations resumed by Oct. of 1918.
Upon the death of Mr. Mather in 1928, the mill was operated by his widow until his son, R. Bruce Mather could take over. In the 1930's, the mill was operated by two 24" turbines.
An auxiliary 24" turbine and a 65 H.P. Diesel Engine were installed for emergencies. Both the mill and dam were rebuilt several times.
The mill is still in operation as a feed mill in 2009. GPS: 76' 22.59W, 41' 11.33N