- Standard View
This small 2.5 story mill was stucco covered until recently. Very little equipment, if any, remains in the mill. Currently unoccupied.
Updated photo of the above view.
It is now being restored to the native stonework on the exterior and also the interior is being updated. It has been a pvt.residence for many years.
The mill was owned by Col. Thomas Bull circa 1780. Bull built a large fieldstone mansion, a tenant house, blacksmith/carrage shop and a grist and saw mill. He resided here until his death in 1830. Four generations of Bulls occupied the original home tract up to 1907.
Updated photo of the above view. Much more living space has been added to make a very attractive and desirable, rustic grist mill dwelling.
Early records show that the Reading Furnace Co./Warwick Furnace Co. owned a mill at this site. Bull purchased a tract of land on the headwaters of the South Branch of French Creek and built his mills. Bull also, along with his son-in-law John Smith and Robert May, owned Joanna Furnace during 1811-13. Later the property was purchased by a man named Dengler.
Finished dwelling front-on photo of the above view.GPS: 40° 8.94' N 75° 47.66' W