- Standard View
Vintage photo of Spangler's Flour Mill in the very early 1900's, before the concrete grain silos were built.
A photo from the 1930's-1940's after the concrete silos were poured in place next to the mill.
Again, another photo, color photo, from the mid 1940's-1950's depicting the covered bridge and silos.
Early 1900's vintage photo of the barn and outbuildings at the mill.
The later set of four tiled silos north of the four concrete silos. The mill had already burned, date unknown, and the covered bridge had been gone, burned, for 44 years. The bridge burned at 9:30 pm DST on April 13, 1963.
Spanger's Mill dam, 135' long and 8' high, was built to replace a crib dam in 1911 by George Spangler. The dam is slated to be removed, as it is non-essential for the demised grist mill, either in October 2007 or sometime in 2008.
The millrace coming off Yellow Breeches Creek on the opposite side of the road where the mill structure used to stand.
The millrace as it continues behind the mill site and even possibly flowed under part of the old mill.
The millrace behind the concrete silos. The mill used to be on the far left side of the photo and perhaps spanned the millrace.
The mill site with silos and renovated barn which is the offices and part warehouse for Ewing Roofing Co., the company that owns the old mill property. They were so accomodating and friendly, permitting the photos to be taken of the vintage pictures and providing as much info as they had knowledge about.